Thursday 3 October 2013

Bloggers Around the World: Greece

It's about time we travel on. Last time we had a longer period for linking up, but I guess that won't be necessary this time. I simply make things fit into my tight schedule. Time is always rushing. Everyone knows how it is. However, that isn't the main thing. We are interested in the destination for this month. 


Where are we going to? What will we be cooking?

The answer to the first question is ...


GREECE

You don't need to have been there before, but you still can feel it's influence in many ways. I don't have to tell you, but  you know it for yourself.
There might be one interesting fact about Greece, I like to mention: Greece has the 11th longest coastline in the world with 13676 km. One reason is the large amount of islands belonging to Greece.
If you would ask me, that would suggest some fish dishes for this month, although around here, when you go to a Greek restaurant, it means meat, meat, meat, meat, meat. Well, I hope we can prove that wrong this month.
Anyway, something else comes to my mind ...


... Moussaka ...



... filo pastry ... feta cheese ... meze ... and ... eh ... that's just for starters. I'm sure you have some brilliant ideas or you have ways to get some ...

So, rules:
  1. Link to my blog and this challenge in your post.  
  2. Use the "Bloggers Around the World" badge (the one you find at the beginning and end of this post).  
  3. You can use a new or an old post, but it has to be adjusted accordingly (you know, all the linking). 
  4. You can have up to three entries, but ... if you just post on my Facebook page, you can have as many as you want.
  5. Enjoy cooking, eating and posting and ... don't forget to link up!!!
 

Here then, without any further ado I open the Bloggers Around the World for October. Greece, here we come ...

6 comments:

  1. I love Greek cuisine, it is so very summery. I should really make an effort and take part this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that would be lovely, if you had the chance. So maybe we can keep up a little bit of summer, although we are ino autumn already.

      Delete
  2. This is a very interesting idea, Chris. I have a few Greek recipes - I may join in! :)

    ReplyDelete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.