Sunday 9 December 2012

The Musings of Lord Feta ... Quick Bread'n'Tomato'n'Feta-Bake

Usually I do write down things here that come to my mind. So I want to do today ...
...
... well ...
...
... anything?
...
... hm?
... 
.... there ought to be something!
..... not just dots!
......
oh ...
... really?
...
... you see sometimes things are quite tough.
...
... but wait! I'm getting a signal ... finally!
By now we have enough dots to fill a normal blog post. Anyway, I never claimed to be normal. I didn't claim the title 'Captain Fitness', either ... at least not in the beginning. In fact I embraced it for a while.
Then there was the title 'Lord Excel' bestowed upon me at my place of work. I rather not embrace that one. But it seems to help the others to give all the extremely thinking and developing kind of work to me.
Here then come a title I would really like to embrace - totally from the heart - 'Lord Feta'. You can check my blog as to the usage of feta or even other cheese and you may find out that it plays a prominent role around here.
So once more we grab some of it and go for it ...



Let's say make it quick and painful ... eh ... painless.
You know the important questions to ask? Who? When? What? How? Why?
Today, we are trying to get answers.

Who is going to do it?
So, if you like this recipe, I hope YOU are going to try it.

When are you going to do it?
Basically it would be YOU to answer, but let's agree on: whenever you feel like to doing it.


What do we need?
A few slices of white bread cut into kind of cubes
As many tomatoes as you would like to go with it: 200 g maybe, cut into pieces
2 to whatever you feel you need amount of cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
I would say, at least 200 g of feta cheese, cut into cubes
A small bunch of parsley, chopped
Pepper at own will
Olive oil

How do we go about?
Since everything is cut already into small or not so small pieces, because you faithfully stuck to the list of ingredients, we can right away put the bread into an oven-proof dish. I decided to use the one I got from the point farthest to the west of Cornwall.
Then arrange the tomatoes pieces somehow between the bread. Add the chopped garlic and onion and ... why not the parsley as well.
Don't forget to also put the feta in. Then everything might look like this.



Oh, that looks fresh. Maybe we don't bother with the rest and eat it as it is. Or ... we add a splash of olive oil.



Hm, fine! Then we just do as I originally planned to and put it into the oven for 30-40 minutes at 180°C and let heat do it's work.
When it comes out of the oven you can - that is if you want to - sprinkle some more olive oil over it and then eat it right away without burning your mouth.

Why am I so crazy?
That now is the final question remaining. 'Why?' is a very important question. So many things happen to us in life and we ask 'Why?' Often we get no answer, at least no satisfying one. Maybe we need to dig deeper, to exert ourselves to get the answer. What about asking the right people?
Whatsoever: smiling or laughing is a lot better then crying all the time! Don't you agree?
Some things can not be changed, so why bother ... (some more dots to finish things ...)

6 comments:

  1. kind of a hot, melty, finger-licking good panzanella you got going on there! ... with tons of cheese :)

    My kind of dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, that's were I got the idea from. Tons of cheese are very important. The 'sad' thing was, I couldn't stop eating from it ...

      Delete
  2. What a splendid dish Chris, sort of a nice easy pizza which would definitely brighten my life and make me more inclined to laugh rather than cry :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Choclette! That's how it is, often the small things in life brighten it.

      Delete
  3. It looks so great! Will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't wait to try this dish......the Feta bake, my mouth is watering.

    I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop:

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-61-with-two.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.